Accessibility Statement for StoryBuilder
Story2 is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We continually work to improve the user experience for everyone and stay up to date with relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Story2 takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of StoryBuilder:
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. StoryBuilder is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of StoryBuilder. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you encounter accessibility barriers on StoryBuilder:
- E-mail: email@example.com
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Accessibility of StoryBuilder relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
We rely upon these technologies for conformance with accessibility standards.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of StoryBuilder, some limitations persist. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for StoryBuilder:
- FocusOut Feature: This feature is not fully accessible without the use of a cursor or physical touch, because the feature relies on tapping a highlighted word within a section of editable text. Currently, pressing the TAB key will shift focus out of the editable area, rather than selecting the desired word. We are working on a feature to display a full list of all the selected words, along with their explanations. Once implemented, this list can be utilized to interact with those words, rather than interacting with the inline words inside the editable text area. Please reach out to customer support if you would like a manually generated list of the words highlighted by Focus Out.
- Buttons within Story Cards: The Download and Delete buttons in the headers of our Story Cards on the Dashboard page are not keyboard accessible, because the buttons only appear after the card is focused. Pressing the TAB key moves focus to the next card, rather than to the buttons inside the card. We are working on an alternate design for the cards that is more accessible. We will also be adding a Delete button to the toolbar inside the Text Editor Page. Your story can be downloaded by opening the story and clicking on the Download button within the Text Editor Page's toolbar. Please reach out to customer support for help deleting a story.
As of January 22, 2020, Story2 has assessed the accessibility of StoryBuilder via the following approaches:
This statement was created on 22 January 2020 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.